DNA Methylation and the Epigenetic Clock
- Our new DNA methylation kit will help us build a better epigenetic clock building the largest, most diverse dataset ever assembled. With your help, BioViva Sciences will identify lifestyle factors and interventions that turn back the hands of time.
- Epigenetics is a hot topic. There are few areas of biology it hasn’t touched. DNA determines what makes up a given protein, but epigenetic modifications tell it when and how much of a protein needs to be produced.
- Methylation, the addition of a methyl group to DNA, is the best studied epigenetic modification. Methylating a sequence of DNA silences it, stopping it from making a particular protein. Steve Horvath, a professor of human genetics and biostatistics at UCLA, has used insights from epigenetics to construct a clock.
- Chronological age and biological age are not the same thing. You may be older or younger than your chronological age, as measured by the epigenetic clock.
- BioViva is committed to ensuring the privacy of any data shared with us. We go above and beyond the requirements of HIPAA and GDPR.
We are focused on user anonymity and secure data analysis.
We are gene therapy innovation leaders. We develop platforms to treat severe genetic disorders and cellular aging. We are working on several patients and are seeking strategic partnerships to help us in our efforts to bring cures to aging populations and those who suffer from monogenic disease. At the heart of Bioviva’s product creation efforts is it’s broadly applicable gene therapy platform for the development of novel one time treatments for diseases with either ineffective or no clinical options.